“When students are engaged and start to see the real life impact of a subject, they’re more enthusiastic about it – I noticed an increased motivation to learn.”
Emily Tulloch, Teacher
Benefits for your class
They stay connected
- Taking part in I’m a Mathematician helps them stay in touch with learning, with teachers, and with their classmates.
They see maths in the real world
They discover new careers they didn’t know existed
- Students connect with mathematicians from a diverse range of backgrounds, disciplines, and industries. They hear about related STEM careers and opportunities in higher education.
- They see STEM professionals as role models, and start to see themselves in similar roles.
Benefits for teachers
It’s backed by research:
You’re in control:
- You get to see which students have logged in and what questions they’ve asked.
- You can download transcripts of live chat sessions.
It’s secure and safe:
- Only students who’ve been given access by their teacher can login to the Zone.
- No personal details are shared on the site, and student content is moderated.
Read our safeguarding statement ❯
Everything’s designed for easy, online access:
- Signing up is quick and easy
- Students can log in at any time to read mathematicians’ profiles and send questions.
- Students create their own accounts using a link you create. This will take them around 10 minutes; send it to them the day before your chat, or earlier.
- You book chats for times that suit you and your students.
It’s free for schools:
- Thanks to our funders, schools don’t have to pay.
Teachers: Register to take part ❯
It takes 2 minutes to register. We’ll let you know when the activity is running.
Find out more:
Questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org