The I’m a Mathematician Line Zone ran from 2 to 27 November 2020.
The Zone featured 32 mathematicians and was funded by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications.
- 32 mathematicians created profiles in the Zone
- 24 engaged with students through live Chats and/or Ask questions
- Mathematicians from a broad range of fields and career stages took part. For example:
- Kate Elliott – Medical Physicist working for the NHS
- Christos Klerides – modeller for Mott MacDonald
- Sarah Barry – medical researcher at the University of Strathclyde
- 243 students from 7 schools in England and Scotland logged into the Zone
- 36% of active students were from target schools (WP and/or U)
- 32% were from widening participation (WP) schools
- 4% were from underserved (U) schools